The original church was built in
the late 11th or 12th Centuries on Anglo-Saxon foundations.
Most of the original structure survives.
An unmarked grave was found under the alter containing two
bodies lying north and south, side by side and apparently
holding hands, with no sign of a coffin.
Before the bell turret was build in 1879, the bells were
hung on a pole in the yew tree at the west end. It is these
bells that still ring out every Sunday mornig. The five
windows were made in the 19th Century Birmingham factory
of artist, William Morris. The figure of Christ is by Henry
Dearle, all the others by Burne-Jones.